News Release from windfair.net


Wind Industry Profile of

48 MW wind farm for Bosnia

The country is pursuing plans to build wind farms with a capacity of over 500 megawatts to diversify its energy mix. Another 48 MW farm has already been granted a permit

Image: Katrin RadtkeImage: Katrin Radtke

Energy company Energy 3, a local arm of Danish Nordic Power, announced that it intends to build a 48 MW wind farm near Mostar within the next three years.

Another 48 MW wind farm is in preparation for a later stage. On the whole, there are plans for over 500 MW in Bosnia.

The wind farms are to further diversify the energy mix of the small Balkan country, Reuters reports. Up to now, Bosnia generates more than 40 percent of its energy from hydropower plants, the other 60 percent from coal-fired power stations. However, this should be reduced in the future in order to reduce CO2 emissions. Unlike other countries in the Balkans that depend on energy imports to meet their demands, Bosnia is even able to export energy.

Windfair Staff
Bosnia, energy mix, CO2 emission, wind farm

Alle Meldungen Von windfair.net


news in archive

Corr Members

  • Newlist_logo.overspeed
  • Newlist_logo.wind-consult
  • Newlist_geonet_logo
  • Newlist_anemos_logo_neu
  • Newlist_bmu_logo
  • Newlist_logo.softenergy
  • Newlist_logo.engr.wisc
  • Newlist_logo.awea
  • Newlist_logo.superwind
  • Newlist_gewi
  • Newlist_logo.moog
  • Newlist_ul_dewi_logo
  • Newlist_eno_energy_ogo_claim
  • Newlist_tuev_nord_logo
  • Newlist_logo.eurowind
  • Newlist_logo.abeeolica
  • Newlist_logo.windonthewires
  • Newlist_logo.mesalands
  • Newlist_logo.dnv-windenergy
  • Newlist_logo.afriwea
  • Newlist_logo.bbb-umwelt

more results

Search by Keywords

© smart dolphin Gmbh 1999 - 2018 | Legal Notice | Windfair Editors | Privacy Policy